Monday, November 30, 2009

Technical Difficulties

I discovered a few things about Windows 7 yesterday.

For one, when upgrading (rather than fully installing) the operating system, certain programs I have come accustomed to are no longer compatible, or at least the versions I have.

It all started after I inputted the CD into my drive.  Loaded up the menu, shifted through a few windows worth of stuff until the upgrade actually started.

Upon the first restart the installation required, my computer hung in utter desolation at the "Starting Windows" screen.

A call to Microsoft informed me of the compatibility issues I may be experiencing, which would lead to the install...stalling.

Now that I have the programs I needed to uninstall removed, and the drivers I needed to update completed, we'll see about this "several hours" upgrade process...more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment