Saturday, December 5, 2009

The Sheriff of Silicon Valley takes another outlaw down

The high noon sun hung aloft, stranded in the cloudless sky casting a blaze upon the two shadowless figures.  Time stood still for the Sheriff and the Outlaw, for just a short time had this hyper ram-headed outlaw escaped the clutches of the Sheriff.  Now, after a few weeks of frustrating chase the Sheriff had the Outlaw right where he wanted him.

The three who had ridden with the Outlaw since their gang started back in July split, fearful that reprieve wouldn't come, and they were right to, for this Sheriff took Outlaws down for the count not down to the court.

As the second-hand of the clocktower inched towards 12, the nerves of the Outlaw burst with electricity, he was jumpy, sometimes a blessing, but for this calm Sheriff that jolt didn't shock his focus.

Before the Outlaw could drop the hammer of his six-shooter he'd drawn from his holdster, the Sheriff reached outward from his side.

*Click* *Click*


Within the flash of a second the Sheriff had drawn and fired two well placed shots that left the Outlaw hangingly loosely in his saddle.  The two white-colored stur-ups that clamped the ram-headed Outlaw into the saddle no longer maintained their grasp and the Outlaw fell...right onto my carpet.

It took a few days, but I found him.  That damn culprit that had delayed my installation of Windows 7 for the last time!  As I suspected, my computer had 1 bad stick of RAM out of it's 4.

After installing Windows 7 on one good stick.  I shutdown and continued to place all of my RAM back in, stick by stick, checking my BIOS to ensure the motherboard registered each byte, upon placing the second stick back in what did I discover?

3368 bytes registered...RAM R/W test failed.

I had found him, my Outlaw renegade RAM.

Now he's resting in a jail cell called static-resistant plastic bag awaiting his trial at my computer manufacturer, a call placed Monday morning should have a new stick resting in my motherboard by Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment